Cranks is run by volunteers.
We're normally open:
Sometimes none of our mechanics are available to cover a shift, and we might be forced to stay closed or offer a limited service.
Before you visit, you might wish to call our workshop on 01273 693 477 to make sure that we are open.
To help ensure that Cranks is always open, why not get involved?
|Welcome > Links
DIY WorkshopsHere are some other projects around the UK who offer an open workshop where you can maintain your own bike. If you know of any others, please contact us at cranksbikes (at) gmail.com
- 56a Bike Workshop, London SE17 - A very DIY, non-profit bike workshop (sounds familiar!) - Based at the famous 56a radical social centre.
- Kebele Bike Workshop, Bristol - Located at the Kebele social centre in Easton, open every Wednesday.
- The Bike Station - Rent a workstand, and get access to tools, grease, tea and knowledge. Now in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Perth!
- Tower Hamlets Wheelers - Hands-on workshop, last Saturday of every month.
- Waltham Forest Bike Recycling - Learn how to maintain your bike. (Almost) every Saturday, 11am-3pm
- Bikeworks, Tower Hamlets - Offer repairs, maintenance courses and recycled bikes to buy.
- Recyke y'bike - Based in Newcastle, unwanted bikes are recycled, repaired and redistributed by a team of volunteers.
Bikes in Brighton
- Bike Brighton - Bike maintenance training for groups and individuals.
- Bike Hub - Brighton BikeHub collects unwanted bikes, works with volunteers to refurbish them and sells them at low cost to local people. We will also run self help and tutored bike repair and maintenance sessions.
- Rayments - Brighton’s longest established cycle shop.
- Baker Street Bikes - Another great local bike shop.
- South Coast Bikes - Will pick up your bike and fix it for you, if you really don't wanna DIY.
- Bike For Life South - Local group promoting cycling for all.
- Brighton Critical Mass - Join the mailing list here.